OF mental health care and mentally ill
Conversion Disorder Psychology
When to suspect a psychological cause of
There are many clues to the possibility of a psychological cause for the symptom:
• if the person is less than 40 years of age, brain disease is unlikely;
• if there are no other signs of serious physical illness (for example, people with a stroke may have
paralysis on one side of the face);
• if the symptoms change from time to time;
• if there is evidence of recent stress, such as an examination;
• if there is evidence that the person might be escaping from a stressful situation by becoming
sick, for example avoiding getting married.
Post Footer automatically generated by wp-posturl plugin for wordpress.